Thursday, May 10, 2018

Isaac Gaddis. Toothpick Monster. Mixed Media. 2018.






This mixed media piece is one that I did in 2018. This particular piece was extremely hard to think of at first, but as I thought more of it, the easier it got to put my idea into a creation. I decided to make a plant for this piece by using white earthenware clay and making small holes on every side. After putting the holes in, I decided to paint it blue to represent that it is neutral until it is threatened. Then, I put toothpicks into the places where they are now and painted them with acrylic paint. The orange toothpicks at the bottom represents the way that the plant receives food from sunlight and water from the ground while the red toothpick represents a poison thorn at the top of the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment